Home

GMC paint recall

Paint Chipping - Warranty or Recall? - GM-Trucks

Paint Chipping - Warranty or Recall? Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today! In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who. View your Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, HUMMER or SAAB vehicle's specific recall information and active notifications at the GM Owner Center View your Chevy vehicle's specific recall information and active notifications at the Chevrolet Owner Center

Chevy has issued a recall for certain models of the 2014 to 2019 Chevy Silverado trucks that have issues with their paint. The paint is likely to chip and peel long before it ever should. They had used improper paint when making these models. Chevy will cover a new paint job if You are effected by this. You will need to visit their website or a dealership to find out if You are eligible for. January 1993 GM adopted the most comprehensive paint policy within the industry. GM will repaint vehicles with defective paint for free for six years and unlimited mileage, regardless of whether you bought the vehicle new or used. GM will pay all the cost of repair except for dents, scrapes and other similar damage Joined Jan 15, 2013. ·. 2 Posts. Discussion Starter · #1 · Jan 15, 2013. I am wondering how many of you are continuing to have paint pealing problems on your trucks. I have a 2008 2500 HD Durmax and the paint (clear coat) is pealing terribly. This truck has been kept inside since new. I contacted GM and was told to take it to my local GM dealer 76. by Sam McEachern. — Nov 24, 2020. The owner of a 2021 Chevy Tahoe was left disappointed after the vehicle was delivered to him with the paint peeling off in certain areas. According to one. If the paint on your General Motors Corp. wagon, car or truck is peeling, you might be covered by a consumer action program in which GM is trying to help customers with the problem

GM Recall Information GM Recall Center Pontiac

A person who claims to work for a dealership denies there is a problem with the paint on 2015 Chevy Silverados Well as a painter at a Gm dealership, your 2015 weak paint complaint is completely.. GM did the right thing by recalling ineffective seat belts a few years back. It just would have been so much better if they used the right replacement parts.. Now to be fair, only 2,800 of the over 1 million recalled vehicles ended up with the wrong pretensioner cable assemblies but considering the last recalls were in 2016 and 2018 this probably won't sit well with the owners driving around.

GM Recall Information Chevy Recall Center Chevrolet

I am sure GM is pounding on their paint companies as hard as consumers are pounding on them. The fact that certain models of cars seem to have more problems than others is strange but it is likely that GM has investigated which plants use certain types and brands of paint and under what climate conditions they are applied General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Chevrolet Equinox, Impala, Cruze, Volt and Bolt EV vehicles, GMC Terrain vehicles, Buick Lacrosse and Regal vehicles, Cadillac XTS and XTS.. Jun 20, 2021. Tractor driving opportunities. Panther Premium Logistics has an immediate opportunity for Tractor teams to drive for a fleet owner! Call 888-498-2256 to speak to a recruiter today!Must have a Valid Class A CDL with 6 months driving experience in the last year. 1 year in the last 5 years or 2 years in the last 10 years.Must be. > in numbers and facts; maybe we can strengthen our case if all of the paint problems eminate from a common > quality problem at Chrysler. Hi, In reply to your posting, I have a paint problem with my '92 Chevy. This peeling paint problem appears to be affecting a lot of late '80s and early 90's Ford, GM and Chrysler vehicles Recall no. 21V245000 General Motors, LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2015-2016 Chevrolet Tahoe, and 2014-2015 GMC Sierra 1500 vehicles that may have received an..

GM has had a problem with the hood and roof paint flaking for years. I thought I would publish this video to demonstrate how poor the response is from GM to. View your Cadillac vehicle's specific recall information and active notifications at the Cadillac Owner Center Now, I'm no stranger to GM's paint issues, my first half-ton I bought in 92, (silver) developed problems with the clear coat in the first four months. After a rather heated debate with the service manager, they fixed it. My second truck, a 93 1 Ton Crew Cab, (white, this time) developed flaking paint around the top of the front doors and roof. This recall refers specifically to the potential early corrosion of the lower hem of the interior side doors. If no corrosion is present, your GM dealer can proactively seal the doors to protect them. If some corrosion is present, we will remove it, seal and repair the paint. Mills Motors Buick GMC has a dedicated staff of trained technicians. 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 body / paint problems with 29 complaints from Sierra 1500 owners. The worst complaints are paint peeling, orange rust spots all over truck, and poor paint job

2012 GMC Sierra 1500 body / paint problems with 15 complaints from Sierra 1500 owners. The worst complaints are excessive rust, paint bubbling, and squeaky door hinges Six problems related to paint have been reported for the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 based on all problems reported for the 2017 Silverado 1500 Transcript for GM issues a world-wide recall affecting nearly 700,000 trucks. Time now for the index and the worldwide recall. General motors recalling nearly 800,000 Chevy Silverado 1500 and gmc. The 2016 GMC Yukon has been recalled 5 times by NHTSA I took the truck to the dealer (for, ya know, the FOURTH recall) and they fixed the recall and said someone will call you back once they contact GM. The dealership does have a paint/body shop on premises. This morning, I got a call from the tech, who said GM said they won't help, so the guys estimate it'll be about 1600.00 to fix the paint

What is the chevy silverado paint recall about

This FAQ also does not pertain to all GM automobiles, only ones that have paint and finish problems. The peeling paint problem of GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles was featured on Dateline NBC on Nov. 2, 1997. NBC also has a web page providing additional information (including a link to this page) on the problem. We are thrilled that this. On October 03, 2019, GMC recalled 91,399 Chevrolet Express 2500s According to Consumer Reports, the GMC Yukon XL has a reliability rating of three out of five considering the recall and complaints history. Some of the worst issues impacting this SUV are the powertrain, fuel system, brakes, steering, among some others. In the early days of the Yukon XL launch, some models had some mild engine and paint problems Two problems related to paint have been reported for the 2015 GMC Yukon. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2015 GMC Yukon based on all problems reported for the 2015 Yukon Hi All, I did a internet search and found that GM did a recall for defective paint for early 90s trucks and SUVs. That recall has ended a number of years ago. I have a 1994 Suburban that is white. It has the delaminating paint problem that seems to happen to only white vehicles. The recall..

GM - The Center for Auto Safet

Important - GMC Continuing Paint Problems GMC Truck Foru

2021 Chevy Tahoe Delivered With Peeling Paint GM Authorit

The recalls are the result of an internal safety review and affect about 1.54 million vehicles, including the Express/Savana, Cadillac XTS, Lambda-based CUVs The 2015 GMC Yukon comes with a poor overall reliability rating from Consumer Reports of one (out of five), listing equipment, paint/body, suspension, and even brakes as its biggest trouble areas. The 2015 GMC Yukon also has 10 recalls reported by the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) for its engine, powertrain, airbags. Chevy Truck Forum | Silverado Sierra GMC Truck Forums. Paint problems. Mar 19 2019, 2:14am. Hey guys, so the other day i was looking at my 18 Silverado midnite edition and i noticed a lot of paint chips on the front bumper. I have no clue as to how they got there considering i havent followed a salt or gravel truck and havent been on any gravel.

GM OFFERS AID FOR PEELING PAINT PROBLEMS - The Washington Pos

1. Time now for the index and the worldwide recall. General motors recalling nearly 800,000 Chevy Silverado 1500 and gmc pickup trucks. They could lose power steering turning at low speeds
  2. GM had a lot of trouble in the 80's and 90's with paint, some colors more than others, and they would peel within a few years. My '94 is still wearing factory black paint and the clearcoat on the hood and roof are toast - already was, when I bought the truck when it was 13 years old
  3. Joined Nov 29, 2018. ·. 1 Posts. Discussion Starter · #1 · Nov 29, 2018. I have a 2014 equinox with 35,000 with rusting on the doors. This is a car that has been in the garage every night and meticulously maintained by both the first owner (for two years) and myself. The dealer said my only option is to replace 2 doors at a cost of $3000
  4. The recall impacts 55,996 Buick Encore GXs that were built between March 23, 2020 and June 3, 2020 as well as 79,404 Chevrolet Trailblazers built between March 16, 2020 and May 8, 2021
  5. g chain. The recall by the world's largest automaker covers 57,100 Chevrolet Equinox and Pontiac Torrent SUVs from the.
  6. A class action could help people get back the money they spent on repairs and force GM to recall the cars or provide a fix for the issue. General Motors is facing a class action lawsuit that alleges some of its automatic eight-speed Chevrolet , Cadillac and GMC vehicles have a defect in their transmissions

How paint problems are infuriating 2015 Chevy Silverado

1. April 1998. JTO. No, the problems with paint peeling on GM, Ford and Chrysler cars and trucks didn't come from any environmental restriction or from the use of waterbased paint. The Big Three bought into a money-saving type of paint that supposedly didn't require a primer
  2. thanks GM for the wonderful problem to fix of the paint peeling off my van.flaking paint. Paint Peeling Off. Chevy express Van Paint PeelingDon't forget to l..
  3. Safety Recall 49151-01 Takata Air Bag Inflators: The recall affects all 2007-11 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado 1500, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon, 2009-11 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500, and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 vehicles that are or have been registered in states..
  4. This recall states that the front center seat-belt bracket might not be secured correctly, causing a failure in restraining that passenger as well. This problem is apparent in more than 600,000 vehicles, leaving many people at-risk. If GMC was in command, these types of defects would never occur. Problems with the Engin
  5. Joined Jun 10, 2007. ·. 207 Posts. #3 · Jan 8, 2014. 14denali said: It seems like every time I wash my car I find another area where the paint is chipping or peeling off. Color : white diamond. Problem areas- around both headlights, rear bumper and along the trim at the bottom of the doors. I have also seen problems on the rentals that the.
  6. General Motors recalled over 11 million vehicles in June 2014 - more than any other month in 2014. During the month of June, GM issued a 6.8 million vehicle recall and a 3.1 million recall for the ignition switch defect. On average, GM issued a recall every five days in June 2014. Below is an overview of the 2014 recalls by month

The Worst GMC Problems From Bumper to Bumper GMC Problem

GM Vehicle Paint Delamination/Peeling

Chevrolet Impala Paint Problems. I just got my car back from Power Chevrolet after having them paint the hood and the trunk both for having thin transparent paint they didnt have the emblems so i still had to wait for those i got in the car and the tire monitor light was still on after them having my car for 2 weeks needless to say i was upset. Drivers can check to see if their car is among the recalled vehicles on NHTSA's website. Owners can also contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-432-8782 In this latest round of GM recalls, the automaker called back 414,333 vehicles, including 2011-12 model year Chevrolet Camaro, 2010-12 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain, 2011-12 Buick Regal and. Learn about your vehicles service history, warranty, recall and more at your GM Owner Center

GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the affected vehicles and replace the steering column as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on January 21, 2013. Chevrolet owners may call. Featuring a bold look and excellent capability, the 2022 Terrain AT4 is a muscular off-road SUV that is ready for adventure. Terrain AT4, available Late Summer 2021, is the latest addition to GMC's line of AT4 vehicles. See how Terrain AT4 allows you to take charge of the trails in premium comfort Most Recent 2016 GMC Terrain Recall. On July 14, 2016, GMC recalled 17 GMC Terrains. General motors llc (gm) is recalling certain model year 2016 chevrolet equinox and gmc terrain vehicles manufactured october 16, 2015. the certification labels may have incorrect tire/rim size and cold tire pressure information. as such, these vehicles fail to. Just purchased 2016 GMC Yukon Denali 67k miles. 2 days after purchasing notice the hard shift into first and second gear. Terribly rough ride. Get up to 60 mph shaking and shudder like rumble strips

GM's number for this recall is 16007. Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2015-2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, 3500 HD, Tahoe, Suburban, GMC Sierra 2500 HD and 3500. Contact a Chevrolet Owner Center representative online, by telephone or by mail for any questions about your Chevrolet vehicle gm is denying both problems exist. gm says the paint issue is due to application of an extreme heat source. arizona is hot, but not that hot. the sound issue is a safety hazard. the paint issue is typical corporate denial of legitimate claims. view details; mar 25, 2019 - burbank, ca - body the paint on my 2015 gmc sierra is bubbling and peeling

GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and if necessary replace the key cylinder lock housing, free of charge. The recall began on October 14, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, Buick 1-800-521-7300, and GMC 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 50490 and 50491 1. Excessive Oil Consumption. One of the most common 2007-2013 GMC and Chevy truck problems owners experience is excessive oil consumption. This problem led vehicle buyers to launch a class-action lawsuit against GM, which alleged 2010-2013 vehicles with Generation IV 5.3 Liter V8 Vortec 5300 engines were defective.Specifically, the lawsuit claimed the active fuel management (AFM) system. AutomotiveTouchup paint products are custom mixed to perfectly match the color of your 2002 GMC Sierra using a basecoat/clearcoat system just like factory specs. To insure a proper match, you'll need to know your vehicle's color code so you can find it on the chart below. The color code will be located on a sticker named Parts Identification GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the certification label, free of charge. The recall began on July 14, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222. Often there will be a 'BC CC' before the color code. This stands for Basecoat/Clearcoat. The 'U' in the paint code means the Upper Color and the 'L' means the Lower Color. Two tone vehicles will have each color coded, i.e. '96U' and say '36L'. Also, it could be '8867L' or '8867U'.Later GMC colors can be really confusing. The color Son Of A Gun.

GMC Terrain Recalls Cars

Make GM your first choice when you need help with your GM vehicle - give us the opportunity to earn your trust and maintain your confidence. Contact Us Via Email. gmprioritycare@gm.com . Contact Us Via Phone. 1-866-636-2273 Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. While I don't know for sure, I suspect that GM manufactures the plastic fenders in a unique area, or might even have a third party manufacture them, which accounts for the color difference. Volt Paint Problems These are some threads found right here at the GM-Volt forum from users who have experienced color issues. • Black Paint and Roof Issue GM build-shy strategy has tens of thousands of vehicles parked awaiting chip parts. In late January, retired General Motors employee Joseph Jones bought a 2021 GMC Sierra full-size pickup after. Always verify your GMC color code on your vehicle before ordering. White Diamond Pearl Tricoat may go by several different names and color samples shown for 2014 GMC Sierra are approximate. Show 28 other colors for 2014 GMC Sierra. Additional GMC paint colors may be available, especially interior, trim and wheel colors

What's with the bad GM Van white paint jobs? Expedite

The 2000-2008 model CTS's had some corrosion problems, mainly involving jack mount bolts, undercarriage, etc., but GM did eventually address the concerns. Towards 2015 nearly 5,000 CTS models in the Midwest were recalled due to brake lines corroding. After that, the CTS/CTS-V models are enjoying nearly corrosive free lives Joined Feb 21, 2020. ·. 6 Posts. #8 • 3 mo ago. My 2017 Acadia Denali was still under 3/36 bumper-to-bumper at the time they replaced all four wheels since they were all peeling. The 4th one was barely peeling, but they replaced that one as well! Turns out I took it to a Chevy Dealer, but they made the replacement I just took delivery of my 2007 Black Yukon Denali last month. To my surprise, with my drivers side door open and the sun hitting it, I noticed it was missing paint- the whole area around the hinges was mostly primer with a hint of black paint. At fist I thought it was just an orange peel. I chec..

GM Paint Failure / Legal Action - Google Group

Nissan USA Official Site: Look up Nissan recall information from the past 15 years by entering your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) For owners of GM's most popular pickups, recalls have been almost a monthly occurrence this year. The 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and the GMC Sierra have been recalled six times so far in 2014.

Use our VIN lookup tool to check for recalls on your car, or search by make and model. Also, get recall information on car seats, tires and equipment 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 HD SLT ECLB, LBZ, LED tailights, black turn signals , black aftermarket headlights,265/75/16s uniroyal larados,Bilstein shocks,Banks 4inch exhaust, Nicktane adp, with a 3 micron Donaldson fuel filter, Schaffer's oil, pcv Re-route from alligator performance, Nicktane race plug, GM cab light,Banks 3 inch boost tube,And S&B air intake good to be driving a diesel again.:thum We recently received this question from Nathan, who just purchased a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with a 3.0L Duramax diesel I6 engine. Nathan writes A month ago I purchased a 2021 GMC AT4 with.

This brings the total number of vehicles recalled by GM since January 1, 2014 to 28,767,143. Here's a quick rundown of the six new recalls: RECALL #1: 2010-2012 Cadillac SRX; 2010-2012 Chevrolet. To submit any ideas, inventions or suggestions unrelated to obtaining a license to use a GM trademark, please visit gmideas.com. General Inquiries . Send written correspondence to: General Motors Company P.O. BOX 3317 General Motors announced six more recalls today, totalling 717,950 newer-model U.S. vehicles for a variety of defects. That brings the number of GM recalls this year to 60, totaling 26.41 million.

Vehicles Affected: GM is recalling an unspecified number of model-year 2015-16 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 pickup trucks; they are part of a larger recall involving. Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum Since 2005 A forum community dedicated to Chevy and GMC Duramax diesel owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about modifications, towing, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more potentially causing me to loose control of the vehicle. ive had it in the gmc shop 3 times and gmc is unable to fix the problem. after the vehicle sits for periods of 4 hrs or more the problem reoccurs. this is a serious political saftey hazard in the 8speed transmission and needs to be recalled and fixed with a new transmission White spots coming through the paint. Left it with the dealer all day, they were able to remove some but looks like it may need to be painted again. 5300 mi: Paint defect same spot as previous, white showing through paint. After the dealer told me they wouldn't do anything else GM got involved and had them paint a third time, hopefully the last

Touch-up Paint Spray 5 oz. Provide your local parts dealer with the codes above to order touch-up paint for your vehicle's exact exterior color. Check this box if you are a professional technician or repair shop, or a GM dealer or supplier. By providing my contact information below, I consent that GM can contact me with any GM offers and GM. GM lowered the power train warranty to 60,000 miles, I see why. They know they're cranking out junk cars, and passing these problems off onto to the consumer. Helpfu GMC SIERRA 2014. GMC SIERRA 2006. GMC SIERRA 2000. GMC SIERRA 2001. GMC SIERRA 1999 2005. GMC SIERRA 1999 2000. GMC SIERRA 2004 2006. GMC SIERRA 1994 1997. GMC SIERRA 2000 View your Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, HUMMER or SAAB vehicle's specific recall information and active notifications at the GM Canada Owner Centre

Purchase used 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali in Tulsa

GMC Sierra 1500 Recalls Cars

Order GMC Acadia paint pens, brush cap bottles, and spray cans from our secure online store. For small Acadia scratches, the paint pen works well. For slightly larger GMC Acadia scratches and chips, a brush bottle is best. For larger paint repairs, a GMC Acadia spray paint can will deliver best results GMC Terrain in Ontario, Canada Jun 2013 - Jan 2016: Aug 2013 20060 mi: All 4 doors were repainted at the bottom seam due to perforation and rust developing. This was done under warranty : May 2014 47740 mi: Infamous door seams with paint peeling, rear lift gate paint blistering. Apr 2015 72540 mi: Power steering motor replaced under warranty

GMC paint problem - YouTub

Certain 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 models are being recalled due to a fire risk associated with their cylinder-deactivation systems, the Detroit News reports. Cylinder. Click here to see GMC Motorhomes that have sold via this listing! NEW! | 1973 - 26′ GMC Motorhome. FL | $16,900 | listed 3-9-2021. William MacKenzie | bmack0121@gmail.com | 352-873-7857. My parents bought this motorhome in 1994. It was purchased from the first owner who were also located in the Ocala, Florida area 555hp. The paint should definitely have clear on it. It may be dull but still have a good amount of clearcoat on the surface. If someone foolishly destroyed the clearcoat surface, then the least you will need is a re-spray of the clear, provided that the base layer is good

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Paint Peeling: 6 Complaints

You'll be sent a free GMC VIN report. Look through this free GMC report; You are welcome to test this GMC decoder and make the use of its main advantages. It is free and user-friendly. Give it a try now! GMC Sample VIN. 3GTP1NEC5JG101771 — 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab Long Box 2WD (5.3L V8 OHV 16V), CREW CAB PICKUP 4-D Touch Up Paint. GMC. Sierra. We have GMC Sierra touch up paint to help you repair the paint scratches on your vehicle. Black - color code: WA8555/41/GBA, Summit White - color code: GAZ/WA8624, Dark Slate Metallic - color code: WA457B/GPA are just some of the common paint color codes that we offer in jars, pens, spray cans and more GMC Sierra 2012, Scratch Fix All-in-1™ Exact-Match Touch Up Automotive Paint Scratch Repair Kit by Dupli-Color®. Dupli-Color® Scratch Fix All-in-1™ Exact-Match Automotive Touch-Up Paint is the all-in-1 tool for all your touch-up... Abrasive tip removes loose paint and rust One Coat Prime and Paint Formula. $12.96 - $16.74 The recall is expected to begin October 19, 2015. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 01320

Labrador Motors Limited Goose Bay | The 2020 GMC SierraBangShiftExterior Features | 2020 GMC Yukon Denali | Luxury SUV